Ready to learn everything you need to know to build a site that grows your streaming numbers, subscribers, and fanbase?
Just like recording a new album, the better you are at defining your vision at the beginning, the more successful your efforts will be!
Whether you’re working with an agency like Digital Star or doing it yourself, this guide can help make your website a massive success — not a flop.
So you need a new site… but what do you know about design and marketing?
Regardless of why you want a new web design plan, it’s a big deal, and it plays a huge role in your image so you must get it right.
In fact, 50% of consumers think your website is crucial to your overall brand. It says a lot about how seriously you take your craft. And to potential fans, the first visit to a musician’s website can be make-or-break.
When you have a poorly designed site (and let’s face it, most do), it can frustrate visitors and cause them to leave immediately. It can damage your credibility as an artist.
Whereas a strong website can be your money-making machine that propels your career. It will boost ticket and merch sales, help build trust, and ultimately grow your fanbase. That’s what matters to you, right?!
When is it time for a music artist to get a new website?
With new albums coming out about every 18 months, singles dropping left and right, and the average lifespan of a website only about 2 years, it can be hard to keep up with design trends, technology and marketing.
To stay fresh and ensure your site matches the vibe of your latest music release, you need to determine what works best for you, including:
• How often you release singles and go on tour
• How often your goals change
• The performance of your website
• How long your site stays functional
• How much budget you have for design
• Industry change — for example, are you using smart links and do you have a link in your bio?
• If you take pride in your website
Your website is where potential fans go when they’re looking for answers about who you are and your music, and where superfans sign up for updates, grab tickets, listen to new songs and shop for merchandise.
Your website is the home of your music. Are you welcoming both groups with open arms and leading them to take action?
You may spend more time building your design plan than you will on the design itself. If you’re wondering what should go into your website strategy, start here.
How to Design a Killer Music Website
1. Review your site analytics and page load times.
2. Set your goals.
3. Define your brand and create a style guide.
4. Write messaging that leads to action.
5. Write your page titles and descriptions for search engine optimization.
6. Create your smart links and build your link in bio.
7. Rewrite your bio.
8. Take new professional photos.
9. Take inventory of your music and videos.
10. Determine how to build your newsletter subscribers.
11. Analyze your favorite artist websites.
12. Choose the right website platform.
13. Build an online store to sell your music and merchandise.
14. Install marketing pixels so you can bring visitors back to your site and track album & merch sales.
15. Develop your promotional plan for driving traffic to your shiny new website!
Get Started on Your Music Website Design Today
Whew! Now you’re ready to design, build, optimize, launch, and analyze your new website and get your music online. It can feel overwhelming. If you’re looking for help, contact us and we’ll help make a site that attracts more consumers, wows more visitors, and converts more customers!
Digital Star’s web designers can bring your music online quickly and make it look as great as it sounds. Work with a professional to save time and get it done now. Click the button below to schedule a free chat and let’s see if we should work together.